My mission is to discover the missing Internet manual that empowers everybody.
As my day job, I help build online businesses at Tumblr & WordPress.com. Both a psychologist and a computer scientist by education, I created this site to explore how global consciousness reshapes society, economy, labor, and art. I focus on:
- Helping to create a healthy economy in the magical land of the Internet,
- Making Remote Work work, so you get to find a fulfilling vocation regardless of where you’re born,
- Escaping the overwhelm (aka Reducing Cognitive Load).
- Battling the fake news epidemic
My best essays
- In The lazy way to being outstanding, I explain why grabbing the hardest problems around is in fact easier, safer, and more fulfilling than trying to “surf the bare minimum”.
- Micropayments are doomed explains the fundamental psychological problems with charging separately for access to each piece of content.
- Working from Home – a primer to get your team started is a playbook to switching your company into the remote mode, based on 15 years of Automattic’s experience as a remote company.
- Deliberate guide to getting hired for a great remote job
- Win at Slack: Free 5-day Effective Communication Bootcamp
Every Monday, I craft an issue of “Deliberate Internet” – a newsletter focused on finding out how humanity can build a better world by being connected.
Subscribe, if you want to be first to learn about the new surprising effects of the Internet.
In the 48th issue of Deliberate Internet, you can hear all about Basecamp Drama, hacking Youtube algorithm for a better you, travelling salesmen, and Hieronymus Bosh.
Imagine being hired at your dream company. Finally, you move from the current pond limiting your potential to an ocean of new possibilities and challenges. You’d get to learn from the smartest people you ever hoped to meet, and challenge yourself in ways you never thought possible. And yet, after a while, you’d find yourself…
History is not only written by the winners. It’s also rewritten by people with an agenda. Scholars and experts not only scour past events to highlight their favorite version but also according to their own philosophy of history. The most common are: Great Man Theory – Churchill, Lincoln, Caesar, Charlemagne, Stalin. The greats have disproportionate…