Roam Research is a powerful “note-taking tool for networked thought“. Roam has the best “braindump bandwidth” from all the tools I have tried. It’s able to pull ideas out of my head in a way that no other tool can.
Roam Research projects
I have hacked on a few Roam projects:
- Roam Research Private API is a puppeteer-driven command-line project that provides API access to Roam database, the ability to post data, etc.
- Alfroam is an Alfred Workflow that lets you search your Roam graph in Alfred
- WordPress Roam block will let you publish pieces of your Roam graph
Words about Roam
I’ve also written a few things:
- Composability is the only game in town – Roam, shipping containers, Lego and Twitter.Lego Blocks, Shipping Containers, Roam Research, Open Source, and any other unreasonably successful endeavor follows the fractal design of composability.
- What is going on with all those note-taking apps?In Deliberate Internet 27 I focus on the new wave of note-taking apps and explain why they are all sprouting now.
More Roam hacks
I post Roam hacks I discover in this thread: